Thursday, March 27, 2008

Old body new clothes....................

Been away from the mental frame for pouring down words on this plasma screen via a black keyboard…….
Now sitting here in the DÉJÀ VU sate…….. Exactly 2 years back I was sitting in an exact copy of a concrete structure built with or out of visions…dreams….hope and desire…….
The furniture was made of pure teak and holstered with genuine Stallion leather…..
Not that it was some sort of sadistic attribute in using wood and leather trying to look like a nature murderer at loose…. But the entire walnuts finish with the tan leather ooozeed POWER…..
POWER,
How many a lives have power ruled or ruled by power…….power of pressing that button on the phone and the voice from the other end goes “what can I get you sir”….. Before the one makes a gesture of walking towards the favorite vehicle a Driver “rather let me use a much finer terminology for it Chauffer” gets the door for you with yet again to be seated in a stallion leather seat.

Song plays in the background…”Downeaster Alexa” by billy joel…….

Well I'm on the Downeaster "Alexa"
And I'm cruising through Block Island Sound
I have charted a course to the Vineyard
But tonight I am Nantucket bound,
We took on diesel back in Montauk yesterday
And left this morning from the bell in Gardiner's Bay,
Like all the locals here I've had to sell my home,
Too proud to leave I worked my fingers to the bone,
So I could own my Downeaster "Alexa"
And I go where the ocean is deep
There are giants out there in the canyons
And a good captain can't fall asleep
I've got bills to pay and children who need clothes
I know there's fish out there but where God only knows
They say these waters aren't what they used to beBut
I've got people back on land who count on me
So if you see my Downeaster "Alexa"And if you work with the rod and the reel
Tell my wife I am trawling Atlantis
And I still have my hands on the wheel
Now I drive my Downeaster "Alexa"More and more miles from shore every year
Since they tell me I can't sell no stripers
And there's no luck in swordfishing here.
I was a bayman like my father was before
Can't make a living as a bayman anymore
There ain't much future for a man who works the sea
But there ain't no island left for islanders like me............................................

That’s a reality check…….the truth behind all that power and glimmer….the question of two slice of bread and pinch of salt………..the question of being able to make that difference even when the intestines go clenching themselves……..the reality check of beyond and above that leather chair and walnut walls……..the reality check of on the eyes which see their sparkling shoes laid on the table sitting on that chair….
Ever wondered of a life less known in a complicated format……….everyone has a scar which is hidden beneath that sexy looking lingerie and everyone has a past as a memorabilia …….. the most sought out people I have known looking happy and content have been found dead in their heads and hidden in their shacks………
The truth of “being” is experienced on the shit pot in the morning when the oblivious head is so fuckin blur……..
Have always wanted to make difference……I still want that……..at 32 still confused in achievement and satisfaction……yet waiting for a possible breakthrough in idea of self reliance……yet fighting the ghosts…..
Off late met this interesting person who oozez out confidence and strength……….makes the strife of life and the daily duty look so simple and easy that hat’s off to her…….. Have never seen her sulking or weeping………always in herself……knows her priorities…. Another old pal of mine with similar characteristic lives in Delhi……….just makes his heartache sounds like a canary……these two people often make me realize how simple a situation can be and how easily can some things be sorted out.
Restart of a journey is my calling……has started with God being my guide……..from an atheist to a God respecting Man. Transformation ….
As a wise man once said…..Change is the only CONSTANT we have……….

No comments: